Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Luckiest girl in the world


I was watching a movie on Lifetime Movie Network last night. It was called "Mom at 16" and was about a girl who was 16 and had a 5 month old son. Her mom took control of the situation and decided to raise the baby while her teen daughter continued school and tried to have a normal teen life. Finally the girl met a teacher she was able to talk to and decided to be a mom.
She in the end did what she thought was best for her baby.
I was crying so bad! Not because I felt sorry for myself or anything, but because I hear people tell me I'm brave for what I did, but didn't realize how hard it really was. I saw how hard it was for the girl on t.v. but that's only tv not real life.
What intrested me the most was she said the the parents who adopted her son was "I know he chose me to be his mom, but I feel like he was born for you and for you to be his parents". On top of that, her adoption was open.
I thought that was amazing. Someone even tho it was tv that I could relate to. I think it made me feel better because I started thinking about Christian. I think about her all the time, and some days are better than others. It seems since I've been going back to church, and have had Ashton I don't think about how it happend, but the wonderful outcome of it.
I was so blessed to have had Heavenly Father not give up on me and have things work out the way they did.
I'm so grateful for Matt and Molly who are, like parents to me. I was fortunate enough to have had their influence and their families as well.
Dad and I were talking last night on the phone about how much support I have. I truely am the luckiest person that was in the situation I was in.

No comments: