Okay so first thing first. HAPPY GENERAL CONFERENCE!
Alright so last night was our Ward birthday praty. I got a ride with my home teacher. It was from 7pm-9pm. There was a talent show, music, dancing and snacks.
Well I called Travis even tho I knew he was having a hard day at work. He came anyways and socialized with everyone! I was so happy and proud of him. Then when we got home he looked on the TV Guide for football that is on Sunday.
He said that we might not watch Conference with Angie because he wanted to watch his football. That made me sad to hear that after having such a wonderful time...well something must have bonked him on the head last night.
Today he woke up a different person. He asked for today off because he wanted to watch Conference with me because he knkew how important it is to me. Well he had to go into work. Chris called and invited him to Priesthood meeting with him and his dad. Travis felt awful he could not go because he wouldn't get off in time.
He called me and sounded very sad that he was trying to make this effort and so many things were blocking him from doing so. I told him it was alright and that he can next time to Priesthood because it is important. I told him that we have DVR and I am reording conference so we can watch it tonite.
When he gets home I think we are going to Angies (in Eagle Mountain) to stay the night so we can watch conference in the morning. Travis is really determined to do so, even if he's tired.
I am just so proud of him. He has this desire, and he feels bad that he can't just "jump into it" because he has to work. More than anything he has grown so much and changed since last year. I am so very proud of him.
Maybe one day I will get a preisthood holder for my son. That would be great. He told me he could feel the spirit while at the Ward Birthday Party. I told him it did feel nice and this is why I am trying desperatly to have this enviorment not only for us, but to raise Ashton in too. I'm glad that Travis was able to understand now what I have been telling him and seeing the importance of why I make the effort for Church to be apart of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment