I love Matt and Molly so much. This taken at Thanksgiving of 2006. My relationship with them is so strong. Dad always said you meet people in your life to have experiences that make you a better person. Sometimes those people are in your life for a long period or a short period of time.
Matt and Molly are practically my parents. By the time my dad and Josie got married I was 16 and in the rebel stage. I needed a place to go and they were able to provide that enviorment. They taught me the love of having a two parent home and the meaning of family.
When I visit them I call them my mom adn dad because that is who they are. They have taught me life lessons that parents should. I know I still have my dad and Josie, and I love them too. I was just blessed to have 2 sets of loving parents.
Matt and Molly adopted Christian from me. I came out here pregnant when I met them. I was confused and had no idea or clue what to do. I was able to share and learn experiences. I have such a strong testimony by being with them.
I know everything happens for a reason whether we as humans can see that reason or not. Sometimes its more visable than other times. I learned the power of prayer and the meaning of Heavenly Father's love while living with them. I felt like I was having the baby for them. Many people ask if it was hard to place (I prefer that word over "give up") and yes.
You can have all the prayer in the world and it was still hard. But having prayer made it easier than it would have been. I felt I knew what was right. Plus, Matt and Molly and I had such a great relationship that it wasn't like "thanks for the baby, bye". It was more like "Now we have two kids!"
And that's exactly how we feel it is. And yet in this household, I am the oldest, yet again. Haha.
And having the role I have in Christian's life is 100% okay with me. I would rather have a sister role than no role. Now she can grow up and realize that I loved her enough to give her two loving parents that could teach her what life is about. She would also realize I have stayed in her life and even tho I didn't play the mother part, she turned out okay.
And I know in my heart that's how it will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment