This is another great spiritual experience. We had Relief Society General Conference this past Saturday and it was great!
I signed up to receive tickets to see it at the conference center last month but totally forgot about going. Travis calls me about 3pm saying "I'm coming home early in 10 minutes so I can watch Ashton." I asked why and he said "Because I think you should go to the Relief Society Conference, I think it would be good for you to go in person."
That made my heart jump (in a good way)
I was glad to be able to go with the neighbor. Devona Wilson and I had a great time being there. You could feel the spirit in the room, you could hear it when the people spoke and when the choir sang. I felt totally calm and relaxed. I was so happy that Travis had reminded me to come and volunteered to watch Ashton.
I was able to listen to these people who spoke with an open mind and it was great! Funny thing is, I could relate to all of the talks. I felt like they were talking to me. Dad always said usually that means that the talks apply to you and it was meant to happen.
Grandma Holly has been telling me how I need to be a pedistool for my siblings and a foundation for my family.
When I got home I was able to share this experience with Travis. Him and I stayed up talking about the talks and experiences. Being involved in Relief Society is so great and I love it. I have Devona as a neighbor to encourage me, and Sister Anderson (Relief Society Pres.) calls all the time just to chat.
I feel needed, that I can make a difference; I feel loved and like I can love back; I feel a spiritual fullness every time I attend church or speak to someone now that I never had before. I was so filled with the spirit when I came home that I went to the Church website and found some links to LDS Family Services. I got the courage to read stories birth moms wrote about their children being adopted. I've been meaning to do it for a long time but was unsure because I didn't want to get all emotional. I knew it was an emotional risk to read it even then, but I felt protected and that's why I read the stories.
I think in a way I did so much deep thinking and evalutaions that I was able to come to terms with myself. I think I also learned to forgive myself alittle more. I learned alot and had alot of inspiration by going. So thanks Travis, for making me go even tho I was tired at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment