Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Family Times





This is my dad and my step mom Josie. I wasn't at their wedding because I wa sout here in Utah, but I wish I was. I love them both so much. At first I didn't like the fact my dad was dating someone else after divorcing my mom and being single for a while. Him and I were (and still are) best buds. I was afraid when I was younger that he would replace the love he had for me with what he had for Josie.
Being an adult now and seeing the world how it is, I know that was just a scared teen. I was scared of change and new light to come into our life.
I'm glad that she decided to marry my dad. Not alot of women date let alone marry a guy with 4 kids from a previous marriage and have one of their own.
Josie has done a fantastic job at raising my siblings, and I couldn't be any more proud of her. I'm glad she is a kind mother who teaches my family what its like to have motherly love in the home, and how important it is.
My dad is also able to focus on being a father now too. He was the father and mother for a long time, which made it difficult to have one on one time sometimes. Now my siblings have two parents with the same goals and realize the importance of haivng a two parent home.
My marriage with Travis is pretty new, and I know we will have more ups and downs. I am glad to say that I have a great couple of parents to look up to.



No comments: