Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Updates on Ashton and things

(Travis and Ashton playing while Ash was learning to sit up)


Well, we went for a check up with Dr. Miles (Ashton's ped.) and he said Ashton can be off of oxygen now. I'm so happy! The past few night I havne't kept him on it because his vitals were 96-100 while sleeping which is really good for being asleep. Now we just have to avoid church and crowds ad sick people for a few more weeks until his immune system can build back up. Haha now I sound like a phobic person.





I'm so glad that Grandma Holly was able to come and help this past week with Ashton. Its emotionally hard to have him be this sick since he was a few months old. Her and I got in routine of saying our prayers regularly for bed and meal times. So Travis and I are in practice now. I made a chart so we rotate on who says meals and bed time prayer. We are also reading "The Gospel Principles" and "The Purpose of Life" together.





When we got out of the hospital, Chris came over and blessed Ashton and the House. I'm so glad to have that example for Travis. It sets the tone and fills our home with peace of the spirit. Travis has been good on watching scary movies too. I love a good scary movie, don't get me wrong, but I don't want evil movies in my home. Travis suggested we get a T.V. Guardian to watch our movies on. We can set it so it takes out cursing, nudity, violence, etc. I was surprised to hear him say that because it was what I was thinking. I didn't bring it up to him because I didn't want us to argue, that's why I'm so glad he brought it up.





Each day things have been more pleasant. I can talk or disagree with him without yelling and whining (which I have had a bad habbit of doing) and so he's more willing t o treat me like an adult and so now I think our relationship is getting better. He has done a good job about cursing. Not that he has had a problem, but I don't want even a mild curse word spoken in our home.





Him and I have talked about our Spiritual goals as a married couple. Again, I was surprised to know that he said he wants to start going to all the Sunday School classes and not just Chapel meeting. He admitted he's a bit shy to go to Preisthood, but he gets along with Nathan Wilson, so at least he'll have a friend in class. I am just so-oh happy that I feel like life is staying on track.





We are saving up to go see my family. We need hotel money, rent-a-car money, expence money. We have it, but we want to be able to afford him to miss work. He'll be behind a paycheck if we visit, so we want to make sure we have enough money to visit and come back and pay bills. I'm proud of him learning that we are on a budget, and that what is in savings and Ashton's savings, stays there and is not to be touched or counted as "spending money".





Other than all this happy stuff, I feel stress free so there's nothing really anything bad going on. Except snow. I hate it. Its depressing looking outside. I can't wait til rain and spring, at least everything will look alive. But other than that small depression that I have to live with for a little bit longer, life is gooood :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

If you're looking for things for movies, I don't know much about TV Guardian, but you might think about looking into clearplay as well.

Amanda said...

Thanks :) I'll look into that too