Thursday, December 3, 2009

November 29 2009: Elder Gong Fireside

This past Sunday we all met a the youth at the Stake center to be graced with the presence of Elder Gong of the General Authority. He and his wife talked about the importance of missionary work, finding oneself, dating. We also had an interactive Chinese lesson.
The main lesson was "Everything is Sacred"
(D&C 90:24)
"Search diligently, pray always and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the convenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another."

This was such a great talk. Afterwards we were able to meet Elder Gong and chat. As my turn came in waiting in line and risking being late to go home, my phone rang. I was going to ignore the call. Elder Gond looked at me and said "Amanda, its an important call, you really need to take that. I will wait after so we may talk".

To me, the General Authority had no idea I had a son, let alone how important that call was. Ashton hit his eye on the window lock and cut it, needing to go to the ER and get possible stitches. Elder Gong was very understanding that I needed to go, but did take the time to thank him for the great lesson.

No comments: