Thursday, October 22, 2009

Turning things around

So quite a few things have been going on...but I know through all of this rough time, will come a time of peace. Those times are short lived moments that Ashton and I can truely bond. I went to church on Sunday and met many great people. I also went to FHE sponsered by the ward, and it was a halloween themed. It reminded me of being in Young Women's and having activities. It also reminded me that we are able to have and do good fun to keep the Spirit in our lives.
Last night was my first night of Institute. I was very nervous, but all day Magra had a feeling that I should go. In my mind, I was coming up with many reasons why I shouldn't. In the end, I went. I was scared and nervous. Once class started, I could feel a comfort of peace as I looked around. These people are my comrads.
We read in Jacob up to Chapter7. We were taught many things about the Olive Tree and how that represents the House of Isreal. We talked about The Proclaimation of the Family and the roles a man and woman play in a marital life. We also talked about how to be wiser and to prepare ourselves to make better choices so we may achieve salvation.
Going last night, learning all these things, and focusing on the blessings in my life instead of what is currently my worry, was great. It brought the Spirit, which I haven't been able to feel like that in a very long time.

No comments: