Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ashton's First Zoo trip


Since Desha couldn't make it to the photo shoot, we were able to hangout and have lunch yesterday on top of taking a trip to Hogle Zoo. I'm in the process of making a scrap book from my first trip of the zoo back in 2007 for Ashton. I made it an "Zoo ABC book" so I can read it to Ashton and he can learn ABC's while associating pictures and sounds of the animals.
Ashton loved the baby elephant, and even remembered what sound an elephant made. He closed his mouth and said "MMMMMM" for his impression.

After the elephant, we saw the Cougar, and it was "meowing" so Ashton did his "beast growl" (deep growl he started doing after watching Beauty and the Beast) and it frightened the Courgar.

Ashton wasn't too thrilled about the Rhino, but he remembered a Rhino would "poke" you with its horn. He poked my arm.

The Ring Tailed Lemur
Ashton loved walking around the zoo. He was more interested with the leaves on the ground, and the concept of walking rather than the animals, but when something caught his eye, he was more than willing to observe.


















He really liked when the penguins were swimming, I think he wanted to swim with them. Ashton really enjoyed his trip and I hope we can go back soon. The weather was perfect because we wore a light jacket and it wasn't too hot or breezy.

No comments: