I was looking up some poems to describe the idea of a birth mom and adoptive mom and the feelings we have all had. This was in the idea to comfort my friend who placed not that long ago.
I found this was was amazed because it describes exactly what I was looking for.
BirthMom Buds
The Legacy of a Child in an Open AdoptionBy Brenda Romanchick
Once there were two expectant mothers.
One carried and cared for you beneath her beating heart
She became your Birthmother.
The other carried the hope of you within her.
She became your Mom.
As the days passed, and you grew bigger and stronger,
Your Birthmother knew that she could not give you all you needed afteryour birth.
Meanwhile, your Mom was ready and waiting for you.
One day your Birthmom and your Mom found each other.
They looked into each other’s eyes and saw a friend.
Your Birthmom saw the life your Mom could give you.
Your Mom saw how much your Birthmom loved and cared for you.
They decided that what you needed was both kinds of love in your life.
So now you have two families,One by birth, the other by adoption.
And you have a home where you can get:your questions answered,
your boo boos bandaged,
your heartaches soothed,
And much needed hugs.
And a place where you can find:
answers to your questions,
your image in the mirror,
a part of yourself,
And much needed hugs.
Two different kinds of familiesTwo different kinds of loveBoth a part of you.
Anyways, Cass with her 2 yr old Jordan and I went with Ashton to The Gateway last week. I didn't realize how burnt Ashton and I would get. We went to Mc D's and had an icecream and rode on the rides in the food court. Ashton was scared but Jordan rode with him. They were so darling.
Cass went to go eat with her dad and we would meet up later by Subway on North Temple around 1pm. My phone fell into Ashton's bath water so it was broken and I didn't have my new one on me. I had to pay close attention to the time.
I longed to go into Barns and Noble to look at some great books. I found many heartfelt indpirational books in the LDS section that I had put on my wishlist. I also ordered "From God's Arms to mine to yours" I think it would be nice to read and maybe lend to Aly. The funny thing is, after i had placed Christian, my Grandmother Holly was going to send me that book but she didn't want me to be offended or emotionally not able to read it. I told her it was good because then I probably couldn't be able to handle it, but I can now.
I also decided I would like to make a scrap book, a tiny one where I could put with my memorable things (I have a plastic storage ben I keep my cherishable items in) of Christian when she was first born up until now. That way I feel like I have a part of her with me, but its somewhere if I'm having one of those days (which are becoming more and more rare) I have something to look at, and it will be someplace I don't have to explain to guests or worry about Ashton getting to it (not now anyways)
I am almost done with Ch.4 in school right now. Its not due for another week, but I like to think ahead and be prepared. I should finish up by Friday if not by today and then just do my homework on Friday.
As far as moving, we extended our lease until July because the owner of the duplex had a death in the family and isn't eager to sell right now. Travis thinks it would be nice to buy it and have renters move in after we fix it up a bit. He's debating though. Right now we are extremely tight on a budget.
So, that's all that seems to be going on right now. More later :)
No comments:
Post a Comment