Wednesday, November 25, 2009

No Insitute for week 5...but Service is experienced

So Wednesday November 18th 2009 there was no Institute class because we held a blood drive. Due to some circumstances I was unable to donate, but I was able to help out with the co-running canned food drive. I couldn't help out all day, only for an hour, but doing that hour of service really got me thinking.
I looked around at everyone who was scared or nervous to give blood, and had a chance to ask them why they were doing it. Most replied "Its the least I could do". This got me thinking (especially with the Holidays coming up) what is the least we could do?

When someone is having a bad day, we could smile at them, friend or stranger. Not many of us even do that. We could make more of an effort to talk to someone, open a door, these are all tiny and effortless things that should be in our nature (which unfortunately its not).

After doing the service, we were able to gather as youth to go ice skating in Vernal. I haven't been on ice for a very long time and was worried I had forgotten. Come to find out, its like riding a bike. I skated around talking with a few girl friends, when I noticed some people were just as excited and eager to ice skate, but didn't know how. My friends and I came around, and offered to make a "link" while skating. This took patience because we couldn't skate as fast as we wanted, but we were able to skate, and enjoy the company of others while helping them as well.

Roy and Cherry

Dakoda, Kim (and Kim's friend)


Teneice and Wyatt

Kenny


Go BYU

No comments: